Monday 17 June 2013

Bring me sunshine

There's a backlog of seven mogs for the blog and they'll be covered in two separate posts, as I'm struggling to find the time for write-ups at present. But fear not, for as long as I remain a part-time postie, Streetmogs is here to stay. I love meeting and blogging about the kittehs as much now as I did at the beginning, if not more. The following four cats were all encountered at the tail end of last week...

Streetmog number: 207
Streetmog name: Lee
Actual name:
Favourite Location: In company
Preferred stroke: Anything and everything
Character: Friendly follower
Other: Lee was one of the keenest cats I have ever met. He appeared in the distance atop a fence and made a feline beeline straight for me, showing untold enthusiasm for a meeting and greeting. Once he managed to jump down, he performed an energetic and affectionate leg weave and some excellent fussing was enjoyed. The best bit was that he then continued to shadow me for the next ten minutes or so. I soon began to feel a bit concerned as he was following me out of his quiet cul-de-sac towards a busy road, so I picked him up and put him back on the fence where he seemed happy to remain and see me off.























Streetmog number: 208
Streetmog name: Whiskey
Actual name: Susie/Su-Su?
Favourite Location: Under car
Preferred stroke:
Character: Nervy fluffball
Other: Whiskey was very nervous of me and, despite my best cat whispering attempts, she did not venture out from underneath her old banger. A little old lady told me in passing that said puss would never get close to me and I think I heard her use the name Su-Su or Susie, or something, but she didn't seem to be in a mood to stop for a cat chat. I usually tell people who and what I'm up to, but at other times I simply can't be bothered to explain.













Streetmog number: 209
Streetmog name: Morecombe
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Window ledge (wanting inside)
Preferred stroke: Perhaps the head
Character: Catty
Other: Morecombe looked like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth (although I doubt he'd be interested in eating butter) but on attempting to pat him a gentle hello, he backed off and hissed at me. Oh Morecombe, I mean you no harm. His live-in partner, Wise (below), was much more happy to be fussed over.


Streetmog number: 210
Streetmog name: Wise
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Old plastic box (wanting inside)
Preferred stroke: Chin tickle
Character: Placid
Other: This handsome black puss seemed very assured, content and at ease, quietly sitting in the sunshine on his nice box in his nice porch. He was happy to be fussed over and he had a lovely miaow. I'm not sure if he's related to his less friendly and loftier friend, but they made a grand couple.



Morecombe and Wise together in their little porch. Not much of a comedy duo, to be fair...




No comments:

Post a Comment