Sunday 14 September 2014

The Last Post...

or The Final Collection

Here we are then, the final Streetmogs post; my last letter has been delivered and the Royal Mail bag has been hung up for good. To all you cat lovers and blog followers, it's been a fun ride and I hope you enjoyed the daft words and wondrous, assorted mogs. Wimbledon, its cats and its posties will always have a place in my heart. It's just as well my new career will lead me back to Merton!

I'll leave the blog here for pussy posterity - if it disappears, blame the Google power lords. Enjoy the final four felines!

Streetmog number: 350
Streetmog name: Clive
Actual name:
Location: Pavement
Preferred stroke: Head scrunch
Character: Good old fashioned friendly streetmog
Other: This is what streetmogs is all about. A friendly cat, sat in the middle of the pavement, who trots up to say hello and enjoy some fussing. Classic.







Ooh yeh, just there mate

Streetmog number: 351
Streetmog name: Beau
Actual name:
Location: Driveway's edge
Preferred stroke: Head scrunch
Character: Lovable
Other: This scruffy fluffy fellow was adorable. He was a bit coy, but with a much-practised softly softly approach I won his trust and we enjoyed some excellent catmando time.


Ooh yeh, just there mate





















Streetmog number: 352
Streetmog name: Galileo
Actual name:
Location: Church garden/courtyard
Preferred stroke:
Character: Frisky
Other: Galileo was a sprightly, svelte and handsome lad, who was most interested in the cat below. The two displayed a natural attraction and affection for each other, and far be it for me, nor anyone else, nor the whole world to get in the way of their purrfect love!




Streetmog number: 353
Streetmog name: Scaramouche
Actual name:
Location: Church garden/courtyard
Preferred stroke:
Character: Alluring
Other: Scaramouche seemed to be completely smitten with Galileo. The two were gamboling in the grass and putting on a heartwarming display of cat courting. If these two aren't already an item (if cats can be such a thing), they most certainly will be, one day...























And finally...

A fellow postie happened across the below. I can't lie - it wasn't a happy ending for the squirrel.




That's all folks!

Postman Cat
xxx





10 comments:

  1. Good luck in your new ventures. We'll miss you and the mogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to see you go. I'll miss the mogs and tales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, now I'm a bit sad that you're done with your postie- and streetmog-days, I always enjoyed reading about your feline encounters here. It was such a lovely and unique enterprise I'm sorry to see it end.
    Nevertheless: I wish you all the best for your new career, and who know's? Maybe we'll be lucky and you'll post the occasional cat you may still encounter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your words and pictures. It's been a lovely and bright spot during my blog travels. All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much and best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buena suerte. I enjoyed this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheerio Mr Ex-Postie and all the very best in your new career! I'm sure all the lovely mogs will miss you as much as I will. Thank you for all your posts. J

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bring back the mogs! Brong back postman cat! Bring back Streetmogs! We miss you

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss Streetmogs and the lovely postman cat! Come back :(

    ReplyDelete