Sunday 3 March 2013

Chalk & Cheese

Two proper streetmogs today, following the previous post. One was not in the least bit interested in saying HHAY (hello how are you) whilst the other was keen for greetings and a lot more beside.

Streetmog number: 121
Streetmog name: Splat
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Fence post/safe haven of back garden
Preferred stroke: n/a
Character: Querulous
Other: Splat (check out the crescent shaped marking on his back) was first spotted hiding in the bushes but I then lost sight of him. A few moments later he appeared fleetingly in a front garden. Once I was unburdened of my work, I sought to seek out the elusive ginge and there he was, checking me out from atop yonder gate post. Once I got my initial "safety" shot I edged closer, employing an arsenal of cat whispering techniques but, predictably, he dropped over the other side of the fence and that, my mog loving friends, was that.


Streetmog number: 122
Streetmog name: Palmerston
Actual name:
Favourite Location: Garden wall
Preferred stroke: Chin tickle
Character: Jaunty
Other: Palmerston was a most confident kitty, coming straight up to me despite the presence of our big, ugly red van and the fact that there were two of us. My poor colleague Glen is having to get used to me stopping all of a sudden and yelling "CAAAAATTTTTTTT!" but I think he enjoys the distraction as much as I do. Anyway, this mog strutted his stuff along the top of the wall and was happy to be petted. He was definitely pleased for some company and he seemed genuinely maudlin when I went on my way. I'm sorry old chap, I'd love to be able to stay for longer but they don't pay me to pet pets...







No comments:

Post a Comment